REGISTRATION AND ADMISSION:
Students aged 16 (date of birth before June 30) and older meeting the following academic prerequisites are invited to apply to a program at Riverside College. Adults that have not graduated from high school are welcome to apply as well as adults that have graduated high school.
Students under 18 years of age: Successful completion of all required Grade 10 courses (English, Math, Social Studies, Science, PE, and Planning) and Provincial Exams (English, Math, and Science). Some exceptions may apply and must be approved by administration. Please call the school at (604)-814-0446 to discuss options with the Principal.
Students 18 years of age: All required Grade 10 courses and Provincial exams. Exceptions may be made for students that have not attended school within the past year. Please call the school at (604)-814-0446 to discuss options with the Principal.
Students 19 years of age and older: No minimum academic requirements. Graduates and non-Graduated adults are invited to apply. Please refer to the specific requirements listed for your respective program.
1. Complete a program application form and submit to Riverside College in person or by email to email@example.com. You may pick up the application package at the office or download the appropriate application package.
Applicants who apply and meet all entrance requirements are considered for admission on a best-prepared basis.
2. You will receive a confirmation by email that your application has been received within one to two weeks of your submission.
Your application will be checked to determine whether or not you have provided everything required for your program application. You will be contacted by email to let you know if you are missing documents or information.
3. Once all the documents required for your program have been received, your application package will be assessed by the Principal of Riverside College. You will be contacted regarding the status of your application by email
4. Students in some program areas may be required to complete the Industry Training Authority (ITA) Essential Skills Assessment as part of the application process. You will be advised by email the date and time for your assessment session.
5. Conditionally accepted applicants will be required to meet with the Principal and in some cases with the Program Instructor. Students under the age of 19 are encouraged to bring a parent or guardian. You will be contacted by email to set up this appointment.
Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to complete a registration form. Students under the age of 19 will require a parent or guardian to sign the registration and policy form.
Please bring the following with you to your interview:
Proof of Age: Birth Certificate, BC Driver's Licence or BCID
Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status: Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship card or Landed Immigration papers.
Social Insurance number: (required for future scholarship applications)
Name and telephone number of your family Doctor or Medical Clinic
Name and telephone number of an emergency contact person
After the planning session with the Principal, you will be asked to read and sign a student agreement and to pay a NON REFUNDABLE deposit against the program fees ($300.00 for adult students and $150.00 for school age students) at the school office to secure your position in your program of choice.
Fee payments must be arranged at this time as complete payments are required prior to the program start date.
Fees may be paid in full by cash, Interac, Certified Cheque, Visa or MasterCard.
Textbooks, manuals, kits and materials will not be released to the student until fees are paid in full .
If you are being sponsored, please bring your sponsor contact information with you.